Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Love is more than just a game for two.

Today is Canada Day, but it is also Spring and Chad’s two year wedding anniversary.

Of all the brides I have known, Spring has been the most relaxed and chilled. I do not think that she and Chad had one disagreement about how, where, or when the wedding would be.

The only time I remember her being stressed regarding the wedding was the day before. We were driving in the car in Tulsa, Oklahoma, I do not remember where we were going, but Spring was expressing that she was stressed out. Mr. Chad (as I call him) started singing “L-O-V-E” by Frank Sinatra. I don’t know if it was the randomness of the song, or if it was that Mr. Chad was singing, but immediately we all started having a good time.

We sang, “L is for the way you look at me, O is for the only one I see, V is very, very extraordinary, E.” Then we stopped at “E,” and someone was like what is “E” for. And I said, “Extraordinary?” Spring began to loosen up, and she even laughed a little. I sat there in the car, I was in the back seat, and I felt blessed to be apart of two people’s love for each other.

I don’t think we figured it out until later that “E is even more than anyone that you adore.”

The next day I was apart of a beautiful wedding, and what is even more important to me is that I have been able to be apart of their relationship. They are my family.

So, lift your imaginary Champaign glass in the air and lets toast Spring and Chad, and my wish is that you will have many, many more years of learning to laugh with each other.

3 comments:

Spring said...

Thank you, my lovely BFF.

I had been driving us to the wedding location, and I missed the exit. And then I couldn't turn around for many miles. I actually still have nightmares about that stretch of highway.

Katy said...

I wonder if I can be considered a relaxed bride. Probably not.

Ann said...

Cheers!