Sunday, September 21, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
It is called the Verdier, and if you check out the website you will see all the amazing features that this thing has. I have always wanted to take a road trip across America, and now I can do it in a VW Van that is awesome. Although, chances are that it will take about 20 years before this awesome product will be on the market.
Too bad though. I love this thing. I might even leave my city life, and live a truly green life if I had this van.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
My weekend in Dallas was a constant reminder of what I have left. Spring kept assuring me that I can come back if I want to. Dimple would mention it a few times as well, but I don’t know if you can “go back.”
What is wonderful about Dallas now is that when I go visit I get to stay at Spring and Chad’s house, I get to see old co-workers at happy hours, and I get to feel like I belong again. I don't have to preface every story I tell with an explanation of who all the people in the story are. The stories are usually about the people I am with. I get to drink random Colombian liquorish tasting liquor at Puerto Rican parties with my Puerto Rican friends. I get to spend all afternoons reading a book in a guest bed with Rufus, my goddog. What could be better? It is not about going back, but it is knowing where I am loved.
This is the "gang" minus Ellie who was coming back from a caving trip, and Spring who is behind the camera.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Sorry, I have been away. When my life is disappointing, I feel no ability to communicate anything positive, funny, or to be creative in any capacity.
However, perhaps you would like to know the recent news in my life. I will give it to you in bullet points.
- I got a 2nd job at JcPenny’s. I like it for the most part. I don’t like that I have to push credit card applications. Although, you do win nice little awards in recognition of your work. I like that. I like concrete answers to things.
- I am coming to Dallas for the weekend.
- I hate the job that I got when I moved to Austin. Turns out that I am people person, and not a pushing paper, copy and pasting for another document, and absolutely no creative freedom person.
- I got a really cool deal on 54 Rubbermaid plastic containers at Sam’s Club. ($19.87)
- I have lost ten pounds.
- I am very excited about Fall television.
- I want Leanne to win on Project Runway.
- Having a job I hate has made me realize that I want to be a counselor. I am going to go back to school, get my MSW, and be counselor. Then I can set my own hours.
- My programmable coffee maker is broken. This sucks.
What has been up in your life?