Sunday, September 21, 2008

On how American Express is screwing with me.

While watching Project Runway a few weeks ago, the Diane von Furstenberg episode actually, her commercial for American Express played.  Now I am completely against credit cards since I have become a Dave Ramsey girl, however after seeing this commercial I seriously thought I might need one.  Perhaps I am meant to be a designer, and design like there is no tomorrow.  Diane von F said she found it all on accident.  I can only do it with the help of American Express. 

I keep waiting for my accident.  But then again aren’t you supposed to happen to your life or things will happen to you? 

I just don’t know. 



When I watched this commercial and heard Diane von Furstenberg say, “I didn’t really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become,” luckily I was home alone because I started crying.  It wasn’t a sobbing or anything, but basically it was a like staring into my future and not seeing what Diane von Furstenberg has.  Or seeing anything at all.  I sometimes wonder if I even have a future. 

Obviously, I have a future, right?

6 comments:

Holly said...

You're going to save the world!

master said...

That made me want to cry too! As long as you dont get one of those cards, i think you will be ok.

Katy said...

Wow. Talk about seductive. This commercial made me want to go out and get many, many AmEx cards to add to the one I already have. And that's why people are in debt up to their eyeballs.

Be strong Sarah!

SHEENA! said...

you future includes someone blondish/brunette about 5'4" and super awesome.

of course you have a future, i'm in it and it's going to rock. or maybe just be mildly amusing as damine rice says, but hey at least you won't be regretting the decision to use that american express card...

onedaylate said...

I've never seen the commercial of which you speak. But I know exactly what you mean. Generally I express it as such: I'm so (sniff!) screwed--and (snork!)not in the good way.

Of course, we will both be twenty seven at the same time for about three weeks in 2009. So if you're thinking of ending it all, wait 'til then and we can go out together like rock stars.

Suicide jokes are never funny, are they. Dang. You're warm and wonderful and ,whatever you're doing, you're doing soemthing that does soemthing good for people. Keep on keeping on, blondie.

Plush Palate said...

Thank you for posting this commercial. I had been looking for it!